Monday, April 17, 2006

12 hours. Straight.

That's how long I slept last night. I was lounging on the couch reading my book, then decided I would be more comfortable in my bed. Big mistake. I think I was asleep within 10 minutes. That was sometime around 6:30. I did wake up a couple of times thinking, "Damn, I'm missing Desperate Housewives". It obviously didn't bother me much because I just rolled over and went back to sleep. I am sure the fact that I spent the afternoon sailing and getting a little too much sun didn't help the fact that all I want to do lately is sleep...

It really was a great weekend, though. Saturday I got up and Gary and I headed to Galveston to meet mom and Laird on her boat in Offats Bayou. The ride to her boat on the dingy was interesting. It was really windy and we were drifting all over the place so after moving 3 times and resetting the anchor a few more times we just decided to head back to Clear Lake. It was a pretty nice trip, until we started heading into Kemah. It was really windy and rough and we were getting rocked all over the place. As soon as we made it to the slip Gary brought me back down to Galveston to pick up the Jeep. Then it was back to the boat for steak. Yum.
Yesterday we decided to take Laird's sailboat out for a couple of hours. Those couple of hours went by way too fast. And we had to head in pretty early so we could go to Jesse and Diane's for Easter lasagna. Not your typical Easter dinner, but it was delicious!

So, that was my weekend. Full of on the water time, and QT with mom.

No comments: