Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I give up.

One of my friends from high school has been trying to lose weight. I know that I look like I don't know ANYTHING about fitness, and I would understand such treatment if she didn't know my background. But she does, and the way she treats me, and the advice I offer her, with total disregard really upsets me. I mean, she knows that I have my Master of Arts Degree(as well as my Bachelor of Science Degree) in Fitness and Human Performance, yet she still checks with a friend of hers who has only gained "knowledge" through magazines. And we all know that you can believe EVERYTHING you read in magazines such as "Muscle and Fiction(Fitness)"

It shouldn't bother me so much, but it does.

In other news...
I am making a lot of effort to lose the weight I have gained since the endo started really affecting my daily life. I am sure there are people out there who are saying "excuses, excuses". Well, I could give two shits about anyone saying that because I would bet my right arm that anyone saying that has never been in some kind of pain just about every day for the last two years. And you know something else that is really bothering me these days? The people who say, "Oh, I know what you mean about cramps." It's all I can do to bite my tongue and not say, "OH, do you? You have cramps, what, two or three days a MONTH? Try having those cramps 9.5 days out of 10, then we'll talk."
Back to the weight loss thing. Before the endo was at its worst, beginning in April 2004, I had lost 48 pounds. I was down to 160 from my highest weight ever which was 208 (I am sure everyone who reads this could do the math, but you never really know.... ;-) ) From the time of my first surgery, to the second one, I gained about 30 pounds. 30 pounds in about a year. Ridiculous. I beat myself up on a daily basis. I was about 2/3 of the way to my original goal of 135 pounds. I'll get there though. I will. Period.

1 comment:

Renee said...

We'll reach our goals together! I'm here to support you in any way you need me! LYMI!